Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

I feel like feed back is really important because it gives you another person fresh point of view. It helps having new ideas given to you. I tend to think along the same track, and get into a groove. Now, I like my groove, and I think I do well there, but a different point of view is always appreciated. I have had other classes in which we had to critique the work of others, and I have to say I don't think my experiences have been terrible, but they usually aren't overly helpful either. I think feedback will be useful in here because a lot of people who are probably way more creative than me will have ideas that I never would have thought up on my own.
The Psychology of Comparison and How to Stop - I am big on comparing myself to others and their work. I read this one to try to get some tips on how to better keep my energy on my own work. This said that I should just focus on me, and not compare myself to others because I am not where they are, and that's true. I am not as creative as some of the people in here, I'm sure. I also haven't had that many opportunities to fabricate something, so its ok if my stories still need work, that's ok.
Overcoming the Fear of Feedback -  This was interesting because I never thought that GIVING feedback would be an issue. But, I guess it is hard to tell someone to their face that what they have put out into the world is lackluster. I feel like written criticism is the most honest way to tel someone how you feel about their work without hurting anyones feelings.
Image result for criticism
Consume Criticism

No comments:

Post a Comment