Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Growth Mindset, EC, Cat Photos

Trust Cat
I liked this Cat because I really need to trust myself more and believe in myself. With graduation impending, I am terrified that I won't get a good enough job to support myself or maybe I'll go down a dead-end, unsatisfying career path. I have ALWAYS landed on my own two feet and been very independent, but not having the comfort of school is scary. So when I read The 7 Ways to Crush Self-Doubt, it didn't just apply to the creative class i'm in.  I think the biggest thing for me is not comparing myself to others. I always do that, and I am not where other people are, but they are not where I am either. We all have our own strengths and sometimes I forget to give credit to my own. 
Open-ended Cat
I liked this article because I really like the way the open ended project or questions lead to more substance in a project. Those type of questions definitely help me get more creative. While I tend to like the yes and no questions because they are short and sweet, but they don't really explain anything. open-ended-ness gives the opportunity to explain things and open a dialogue. So when I read Creativity in The Classroom, I agreed that it should extend to all areas of the class. not just english. 

No comments:

Post a Comment