Monday, August 28, 2017

Topic Brainstorm

Greek gods/goddesses - I have always been interested in the greek god and goddess stories. I have taken an ancient epic poetry class here at OU, and I have learned about this topic in elementary class, so I have some prior knowledge on this subject. I like this topic because the stories tend to be pretty versatile, and controlled by the defining traits of each god or goddess. I think for this option, a re-telling, or adding on to a story would be best.
Pirates- Every child grows up hearing of pirates. I also used to live in the North East, and have been to several pirate museums. Generally, pirates are pretty devious and tend to be described at tricksters. I think those character traits would give me a bit of freedom when writing. I feel like I could write my own story, or add on to or change someone else's.
 Nursery rhymes- My grandma always read my nursery rhymes. I had several books by mother goose, and I have heard all of the ones in between. so, I would say I have a fair knowledge of them. I also like that the stories are short. I feel like a shorter story would put less pressure on me, and the subject matter is really flexible. I feel as though I could create my own story, or change the subject of an existing one.
Brothers Grimm- As far as my prior knowledge of this goes, I don't have very much. I have heard some stories and seen some movies based off of this, and I know that they tend to be a little darker in theme than the traditional, run of the mill, fairytales.  I think it would be really interesting to take a story and put a Grimm twist on it. I am not sure if I could fabricate my own story or not.

Another thing I was interested in when I read over some old projects was the one about Meredith Grey and Grey's Anatomy. I know it isn't exactly folklore, but I have always wanted Joey and Rachel of Friends to end up together instead of Ross and Rachel, Or Teds wife from How I Met Your Mother to not have died. I don't know if those are options or too out of bounds?
Image result for rachel and joey
Friends Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment